I have been thinking about my blog title "Enjoying our Journey" and how that came from a talk by President Monson years ago to make the most of life whatever stage you are in. I typically post the most positive and "fluffy" side of our journey, but decided today that I should be including the blessings through the "not-so fluffy" side of our journey as well.
Elise is having some serious trouble with her tummy as I have mentioned before and I am now on a strict "no dairy" diet to hopefully help. So far it hasn't made a difference, but we will see how the next week goes. Elise only slept on me last night which made for an extremely restless night for me. She would scrunch up her body with discomfort regularly and wake unsettled. I definitely had zero motivation to get up and work out this morning.
With all of that, I have very little patience and energy but want to share that Bailee has been my angel today. First she came and layed next to Elise as I changed her diaper and just started singing to her. She started with a primary song that quickly became made up words and a conglomeration of movie lines and primary songs that she knows. Her little voice calmed her sister and gave me peace as well. Later, after I had been trying all sorts of ways to get Elise asleep, Bailee came running into my room to try helping once again. She jumped on my bed, put in the paci, and started to sing what she knows of "I am a child of God". Although her comfort didn't last long, it was enough to remind me that these are The Lord's children and they need my care and love.
Once I finally got her to sleep, holding her, I listened to a talk by Elder Holland that I needed to hear. I was reminded to "remember the Savior’s own anguished example: if the bitter cup does not pass, drink it and be strong, trusting in happier days ahead." (Like a Broken Vessel). Although my bitter cup is small in this example and I have so much to be grateful for, it reminded me that these times will pass. In moments of struggle and feeling inadequate as a mother, I know I can always find strength in The Lord to make it to the happier days.


1 comment:
I love you Rissa Roo and you are the very best young mommy I know. Just breathe babe or call an auntie ;) Love Jewls
Post a Comment