Dave, his sister Michelle, her hubby Blake, and I went to a nickel arcade in Portland today. Dave and I do not take the time to date as much as we should so it was so wonderful when his mom offered to watch Bailee so we could get out. The games took me back to my childhood and I felt like a kid again. We had a similar date in Rexburg right after Bailee was born and I must say those kind are my favorite! If I have a choice I take activities like this over a fancy dinner or a movie. The best dates are cheap but loaded with fun and interaction, to me :) I love the game where you roll a ball up a ramp and try to get points based on the hole it lands in. I could seriously play that over and over and over! While playing it, my machine had a bit of a malfunction and spewed out loads of tickets!!! I was worried it wouldn't stop! A little boy, maybe 6 or 7 years old, next to me stopped his game and kept saying to his mom "whoa! I like that machine!" He wanted to play after me thinking that he would get a similar outcome of tickets. Once it stopped, I had so many tickets and decided to share a very generous amount with the little boy. He was so appreciative and cute and I knew he would enjoy the prizes more than me. I felt so good after that and was grateful I was able to make him so happy :) I must also add that I beat Dave at one game of air hockey as well as a racing game. It is a pretty big deal for me to beat him at just about anything so I was pretty pleased :) we kept Bailee in mind when choosing prizes at the end and she was so excited when we brought them back to her. She was most antsy and...demanding.. Of the slinky we picked out. It was cute to see Dave holding it and Bailee was blabbering on and on reaching to try and get it from him because she just wanted it so badly. In all it was a fun outing and good time to spend with Blake and Michelle too. I hope that place stays around for a while so we can go when we visit again and when our kids would appreciate it!



No comments:
Post a Comment