Friday, May 26, 2017

Sweet Bailee

Last night, the girls and I with one of their friends from church, went to the Keesler Homeschool Group end of the year party. It has been a fluctuating group all year so most people have moved or are about to move and didn't make it so it was much smaller than usual. We met at the marina park for dinner, playing, smores, and then the movie Sing on a big blow up screen. With Dave's work schedule there are many times that he misses out on activities and we miss him! When Bailee found out that he couldn't go she said, "Why does daddy always have to miss the fun stuff?" She was bummed. 
This is how they sat to watch the movie and other kids laid out blankets to sit on




Just a few of the moms in the group. I don't know what happened to the picture on Susan's face.

Then this afternoon Bailee asked me if Dave would be off tonight. I told her he would so she wanted to plan something fun for him since he missed the party last night. She talked about decorating his room and giving him treats so I told her it was a great idea and I was sure he would love even just a little note to wake up to. She surprised me with what she did and it filled my heart when I went upstairs to see. She made a sign and a card and then gave him two starbursts when she woke him up. She wanted to do a movie night to watch Finding Nemo but Dave woke up at the girls bedtime so we plan to fulfill our family movie night tomorrow. There is an EFY song that I listen to when I run and I love the message that the little things in life matter most and Bailee's sweet and simple act of thoughtfulness to Dave brought that song to mind. 
 These are most of the lyrics to the song from Nik Day called Not so Little:
It's the simple things
That matter most in life
It's the subtle things
the day to day
That keep us in the light
                                                      It's not the life or death
The miraculous
That's gonna save our souls
It's the little things, The little things
                                                     That help us grow 
                                                 Every little prayer you say
                                                  Every good choice you make 
                                                    Every little step you take
Makes a difference, such a difference
Every little good thing you do Makes a little change in you
Even though they seem so small
You'll see they're not so little, after all
A little smile Goes a long way
A little act of kindness Can brighten someones day
With repetition you will witness A difference in your heart Cause the little things, the little things go so far.
"I love you. We are going to watch Finding Nemo. From Bailee"

"Thank you for(e) doing the dish(e)s From Bailee" 


No comments: