Dave and I celebrated our 7th anniversary on April 10th and we were lucky enough that my sweet visiting teacher took our girls for the day so we could go out. We played tennis, went to lunch for sushi and tepanyaki, then stopped in to Dick's sporting goods where we unintentionally left with a new bike for me! It is an all terrain mountain bike and as much as a road bike would cool for city living, I hope to get some off road use at some point so I went with a mtn bike. We picked up the girls, went home to plant roses, and then all 4 of us rode our bikes to the marina park on base where the girls played for a bit before riding back home. One of my family life missions... COMPLETE! I have always liked the idea of having bikes as a family and riding together and now we live where we can ride from our house to a park which is great! The humidity of summer is starting to set in now so we were able to get a handful of bike rides in the last month and probably won't be able to pick it up again until the fall/winter. The pool and splash pads are all open now though so we will have plenty to do through the heat!
On April 4th we went with our sweet friends, the Blanks, to Ben and Jerry's for free ice cream day! There was also a lady who was doing amazing and free face painting!
1 comment:
I love seeing a glimpse into your family life through your blog, Riss. You and Dave are doing a great job. Love you all!
Post a Comment