Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Elise's birthday party day!


We celebrated Elise's 3rd birthday with her friends on January 7, 2017! We had 12 little girls, plus a few moms and extra older siblings in our house from 10-12 this morning and although loud and crazy, it was a lot of fun! The theme was the movie "Inside out" and Dave was a tremendous help in decorating and thinking of ideas so I can only take a little credit. I was SO happy to have him at the party as well. Bailee's 5th party with friends was while he was at COT for the Air Force and her 4th he had to sleep before making our drive to visit Nauvoo so it was nice for him to be a part of it all. We also babysat for some friends to have a getaway the night before the party so we had an extra 3 year old and a 3 month old for the night. We forgot what it was like to have an infant in our room for the night so we were a little extra tired in the morning :) It was fun to have a baby for a little bit though.              




Instead of a pinata Dave thought of hanging these balloons with smarties (Bing Bong's tears in the movie) in them for the girls to pop right at the end and add them to their treat bag. 
 







  


When the girls (Elise only wanted a girl party, no boys she said) arrived we had tables set up for them to color their own Inside Out character masks. 


Bailee and her friend Brynn were so cute with their masks. 

  We attempted to play a game of Simon Says with the faces but some of the girls didn't quite get it. I probably should have explained better at first but I left it to Bailee. They thought they could only hold up their mask if it was called but after a bit they caught on and each them wanted a turn calling out the face for the girls to show. Bailee and Elise had been playing the game before the party multiple times and continue to play with the plates I colored even after the party is over. 

Showing her best disgust face.


Right now Elise loves to play memory and is really great at remembering. We thought we would tie this into the party and split them into two groups to play with some Inside Out cards I printed from online. They all loved it and did really well! 
After memory, each of the girls got to make their own pizza. I remember my mom doing this for kids she would watch on New Year's eve and thought it would go well. We had talked about offering them broccoli to put on it (like the pizza in San Francisco in the movie) but forgot to prep it ahead of time. The girls had fun with it and more than one mom said I was brave to do it :) All of the mom's were a tremendous help through the whole party! 


While pizzas were cooking each of them got to make their own candy necklace with various circular treats and cereals. 







 I have a really great friend, Keelin, and she was sure to help me get some (most) of these great pictures through the party. I made one cake recipe of cupcakes so we had well over 50 in the end plus the chocolate cake I made for Elise to blow out her candles on! We sent many moms home with a plate full to share with their families :) 



Some candies were eaten as their necklaces were assembled. 


We had pizza, carrot sticks and juice boxes for lunch!

Elise was so excited for her cake!



She has been waiting to play with the Inside Out characters I bought for the cake and she was excited to finally get them!




Bailee's shocked face was because one of the little girls pulled down a balloon with smarties... :)


I encouraged Elise to get the card first and Bailee was very helpful in reading each of them to her. 

We didn't snap any photos of the balloon popping at the end but each of the girls got to pop one and add them to their goodie bag before heading home!

 
The aftermath.. I cleaned right away to get things back in order and then laid down on the couch for quite a while! Dave and Bailee finished Harry Potter after the party and spent the afternoon watching the first movie. Bailee was proud of the fact that she didn't think it was scary at all! I think watching during the daytime helps with that. They have now started the second book and she thinks Dobby is cute. 

No comments: