Yesterday, August 20th, Dave was gone from 6 am to 9 pm in Denham Springs, LA helping the families who recently lost everything due to a terrible flood. He also is there today. Bailee hasn't seen him since Friday night and Elise has only seen him early this morning and she didn't want to let go of him. Yesterday I was doing laundry and when the water heater would make noises, both girls thought it was the garage door and Dave coming home. I am grateful for the love they have for their daddy and so blessed to have a loving husband. Well last night, because he wasn't home, Elise was having a hard time going to bed. She wanted to sleep on my bed but I suggested she ask Bailee if she could cuddle with her. Bailee wasn't sure about the idea because she knows Elise can be wiggly in the night and didn't want to be kicked 😊 I told Bailee that I would move Elise after she fell asleep and Bailee was ok with that idea. After I left the room I heard giggling and Bailee was teaching Elise words from an abc book and reading to her. It didn't take long before they were cuddled up and asleep. The blanket on Bailee was mine when I was a baby and she uses it on top of her comforter so that she doesn't have to make her bed in the morning 😄 

No comments:
Post a Comment