Sunday, November 23, 2014

Advent calendar

I am not a crafty blogger but I do love creating new things whether it is a craft, sewing, or a new recipe to try. Many times I get my inspiration from Pinterest postings and try to put my own little touch of creativity to each project. 
When we were first married Dave liked the idea of getting the throw away advent calendars with chocolate pieces in them. I was not the biggest fan of the chocolate and since then I have been on the hunt for an advent I love because I love the idea of a scripture and treat each day in December! In the stores there are many with tiny little boxes that cost way more than I am willing to spend. I have searched Pinterest to find a style I like and with the help of one who used baby food jars I was able to create my own! I am so happy with the final result and I can fit our daily scripture and a treat for every member of the family in each jar :) 
As part of enjoying the journey of life, creating new things brings such a sense of accomplishment that can not be replaced by a quick purchase at the store!

No comments: