Wednesday, February 26, 2014

February

It has been a little while since my last post for a few reasons. I feel like with the little bit of down time I have, it is spent catching up on house chores or spending a little time with Dave. I also was really sick with mastitis which any nursing mother who has ever experienced that knows it is miserable and you can do very little during that time. I was so grateful for my friend Courtney who took Bailee, came and held Elise so I could sleep, then kept both girls when Dave finally had to take me to emergency care and then another day to my OB. I couldn't have done it without her! 
This was during me being sick and camping out in the living room. Yes I surprisingly fit between them (on my side of course). 

Elise is wonderful most of the time. From about 5 or 6 to 8 pm she has a bout of fussiness. It is odd because it seems a lot like colic but we are able to soothe her as we try every technique we know to calm a baby. She loves the bath and once she is in there all is well. As soon as she is out, she is like a ticking time bomb and we try to get her comfortable in our rocking arms to prevent as much of the discomfort and fussiness possible. To us it seems as if she builds up too much gas in her tummy throughout the day, even with regular burping, that by the evening time it turns to too much pressure causing pain. 
She is such a happy baby otherwise that it makes it more bearable to get through the off and on fussiness at night. 
Bailee constantly requests pictures when babies are involved :)
We finally got out on a warm day! Poor Elise doesn't know what to do about the sun. Poor winter baby. We only had her face it for the brief seconds to take this picture. 
Bailee is giving Elise a check up :)
Our girls :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh mu goodness!!!!! So cute